Refunds & Returns Policy (Brand: Abakus Direct)
We want you to be absolutely satisfied with your purchase, however we do understand that sometimes unexpected situations occur. We are here to help!
PROCESSING YOUR ORDER AND DELIVERY DATES:
You will be informed of the approximate length of time until delivery at the point of order. Once your order is confirmed as available for delivery we will contact you to agree definite arrangements for the date of delivery. Every effort is made to see that the approximate delivery date is accurate, but on rare occasions the manufacture of your furniture may be delayed through circumstances beyond our control. We will, of course, make every effort to keep you informed.
We deliver to England, Wales and Scotland (excluding Scottish Highlands and Islands)
In order to keep our prices low, we offer one man door-to-door delivery service. However our driver will be more than happy to help you carry the product into your house.
If, after having placed your order, you have a change of heart for whatever reason, you may cancel your order at any time prior to delivery. All you need to do is advise us in writing by sending an email or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation, you will receive a full refund using the same method as your original payment.
RETURNS AFTER DELIVERY:
You have 14 calendar days from receipt of your furniture in which to advise us that you do not want to keep the order. All you need to do is advise us in writing by email to email@example.com
You can return your order to us at any of our collection points to receive a full refund including your original delivery charge. If you would like us to collect the items on your behalf, we will charge you £59.
If we are collecting the items from you, we ask that you do the following to assist with uplift of the goods:
- ensure that the furniture is returned in the condition in which it was received. We will not be able to refund the goods in full if there are any signs of damage or misuse. Please make the furniture available for collection within 14 calendar days.
- we will refund to you all them monies paid by you for the items being returned (excluding the cost of collection of the goods), once the goods are back at our local warehouse and have been inspected.
Please note for card refunds it can take up to 7 working days from the date that we process the repayment for your account provider to re-credit you with the amount due.
Naturally we aim to deliver all our furniture in good condition. We are constantly looking for ways to improve these standards. Our stores also pride themselves on having the best delivery teams in the business.
It is disappointing for you and us when occasionally things go wrong. When your order has been unwrapped in your home and there are signs of transit damage, this is what to expect:
- if the furniture is useable, despite the damage, we are happy for you to go ahead and use it
- the Abakus Direct delivery team will complete an incident report form to record the problem. They will ask you to sign it. They may also take photographs to accompany the paperwork.
- the Incident Report form will be returned to the delivering store. It will be logged against your order number, and assessed for action.
- In the event that a repair cannot be made, we will replace the furniture, or give a full refund. The goods that are deemed faulty revert to the ownership of Abakus Direct, and must be in our possession before monies are refunded
- A full refund shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the unsatisfactory merchandise.
Abakus Direct offer a 2 year guarantee on all the furniture they sell.
The guarantee starts from the date of delivery and offers cover against manufacturing defects on the construction of the frame and frame springs.
There are some things that aren’t covered by your guarantee. For example, deliberate damage - like treating it roughly or not using the right products to maintain it. It also doesn’t cover your sofa for use in a workplace or business - only for use in your home.
And, don’t forget your 2 year guarantee only belongs to you. So if you sell or give away your sofa, the guarantee ends.